You can support this programme by adding a small contribution to your power account each month. If you would like to help us provide support for families experiencing energy hardship, please click here.
Pay it Forward Programme
How can I contribute to the Pay it Forward Programme?
What is the Pay it Forward Programme?
Our Pay it Forward Programme is a joint initiative between Pulse Energy and our customers. The Programme is designed to help some of our customers who are having trouble paying for their power bill at a certain point in time.
The fund is dependent on contributions made by our customers as well as our business. To kick start the fund, Pulse Energy have committed to contributing $150,000 over the next year. This will be allocated to our customers who are struggling to pay their bills.
If you would like to help us provide support for families experiencing energy hardship, click here.
How can I cancel my Pay it Forward contribution?
You can cancel your Pay it Forward contributions at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This will come into effect for future bills.
Who will be eligible for support from the Pay it Forward Programme?
The funds will be allocated only to Pulse Energy Alliance LP customers and are allocated at our discretion based on a number of criteria we have set to identify households experiencing financial hardship. We will provide quarterly updates to contributors on the funds generated through this Programme.
How can I apply to the Pay it Forward fund?
There is no application for the fund. If you are experiencing difficulty paying your energy bill at a particular point in time, you can contact us to discuss the options available to you.
Can I change the amount I contribute to the Pay it Forward Programme?
Yes you can, simply email us at email@example.com and let us know the new payment amount. We may call you to confirm this. The new contribution amount will come into effect on your next bill.
Why is my bill high?
Your bill could be higher than expected due to a few reasons:
- Your bill may have been generated based on an estimate read. If you do receive an estimated bill, any difference between your last actual read and your next actual read would balance out. You can check your consumption and type of reading on the back of your bill.
- You may have been billed for a longer period than usual – you can check the number of days you have been billed for on your bill.
- You may be on the wrong user plan. To check what user plan is right for your home, click here.
- You may have had visitors staying with you during this period
- You may have used your heater or air conditioning more than usual
- Your gas heater or heat pump may need a service
- You could have a faulty appliance that is using more electricity then it should. Read below for information on how to do a “two-man test”
To check if one of your appliances is faulty and using more electricity than it should, you can do a “two-man test”:
- Turn off all appliances in your home (including hot water cylinder) and take a meter reading
- Have a friend stand at the meter while you turn on one appliance and see how much the meter reading increases
- Then turn this appliance off, go to another one and turn it on
- Go through each appliance one by one. If you notice one appliance is causing the meter reading to increase much faster than other devices, this could mean that the appliance is faulty and using more electricity than it should
If you believe an appliance is faulty, it is best to contact an electrician to repair the appliance or replace it.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I check my account balance?
To check your balance please login to your My Account.
I have received an email / phone call asking for personal information without verification.
Please note that our team will never ask for your personal information (Bank details, passwords etc) without verifying you first.
If you receive an email or phone call asking for personal information without verification, please do not respond and report this to us immediately.
Will I still get my Lines Company Dividend?
Absolutely. The annual dividend you receive is from the lines company trust in your area.
What do I do if I wish to give feedback or make a complaint?
If you have a complaint, you can email us at email@example.com. Our team would be more than happy to help you.
Our staff will:
- Acknowledge your complaint in writing within 2 working days, and respond to you within 7 working days regarding a resolution.
- Attempt to resolve your complaint within 20 working days, however, in some cases, it can take up to 40 working days to resolve, we may write to you to explain why this is.
You may refer your dispute to the Utilities Disputes if:
- You are unhappy with the way we propose to resolve your dispute.
- Your dispute is not resolved within 20 Working Days of receiving it.
For more information, click here.
Do I get a prompt payment discount (PPD)?
We don’t have a prompt payment discount as we have already built this into our prices, we simply offer you a great price upfront, without any fear of losing the discount if you miss a payment. We simply charge $1.15 per day for each day you are late.
Our Customer Care Team can help you if you miss a payment. Choosing to pay by Direct Debit is the best way to avoid this situation. You can set up a Direct Debit online here.